The world is progressively moving forward with improvements and developments in various spheres. Man has used his wisdom from inventing the wheel, to technology that has gone into taking him into, the moon. But in return, he aggravated the mental capacity by stressing out the brain, Human brain, which resulted Dr A. Abraham a dermatologist-turned Linguistic propagator of the Neuro Linguistic Programming- series of tools for better configuration of human emotion and communication between individuals. NLP is, a science of fragile and professional development of human mind, reducing the stress level to the least minimum. We are dwelling in strain and stress plagued times, in result, we are not 'living' but merely existing, going through routines of emotional strain. Fascinated by the panorama of opportunities available through the practice of NLP, Dr.Abraham gave up his flourishing medical practice in UK, returned to India to research the subject of NLP. By unleashing the subject we enter into a hidden human potential, from which we can derive optimal benefits evolving as an improved, more organized and productive individual in the process. He has evolved a unique methodology based on the principle of NLP which is the central them of the ‘Better You Program’.
So here we progress into Dr.Abraham own words…..
What is NLP?
To put it simply it is the user’s manual for brain, which is like a One million GB neck top PC. It can process and store information including feelings and use that information to make decisions and solve problems. The one major difference is that it processes and edits this info and therefore the behavior or the outcome results from the edited version of reality and not actuality.This amazing discovery proves that your experience and therefore your behaviour, is the result of movies that you produce in your mind and in changing ‘how you think’, you can change ‘what you think’ you can dramatically transform the results you create in your life.
In human communication, the five senses are like five doors we open to take in information.
What is particularly interesting about human communication is that each of us seems to trust one door more than the others. The door (sense) we prefer affects our choice of words, our breathing, body posture, and the way we move our eyes. We tend to use the visual (seeing), auditory (hearing) or kinaesthetic (feeling) channels more in our communication. The olfactory (smell) and gustatory (taste) are for all practical purpose attached to the kinaesthetic group.
State of Mind
How do we get into the proper state of mind? NLP recognizes the importance of physiology in changing and sustaining internal states and therefore getting into the proper mental state is vitally important to be effective. Someone once said, “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions, and not on our circumstances.”
Through the simple yet profound techniques like the “Circle of excellence” that make NLP so powerful, you can eliminate unwanted habits, transform negative emotions into positive feelings, and improve the way you see yourself, enhance your self-esteem and become the person you always dreamt of becoming.
NLP enables to achieve rapport almost magically. It is the ability to hold someone’s attention and create a sense of trust by making them feel that you are like them. It means implanting the feeling that you understand each other.
It provides us with a set of models of the world; they are called NLP presuppositions. Some of them are introduced below:
- The meaning of the communication is the response it elicits.
- There are no failures in communication, only outcomes.
- The map is not the territory.
- Everyone lives in their own unique model of the world.
- People always make the best choices available to them, given their unique model of the world and of the situation.
- People have all the resources necessary to make any desired change.
- There is no substitute for clean, open sensory channels.
- Resistance you get is a comment about your inflexibility as communicator; if what you are doing is not working, do something different.
- In interactions among people, the person with most flexibility and variation of behavior can control the outcome of the interaction.
- The positive worth of an individual is held constant, while the value and appropriateness of internal and/or external behavior is questioned.
- These presuppositions are not necessarily true, but are extremely powerful, as they will assist those who follow those models of the world in achieving their outcomes more easily.
How useful and practical is NLP in our lives-NLP has a wide range of practical applications in business (e.g. management, personnel, sales, consulting), training and development, education, law, medicine, health, farming, writing and the arts, sports, parenting, hobbies and personal development - anywhere communicating and excelling are important. The more you are interested in communication, personal effectiveness and development the more NLP has to offer. Presentation skills and public speaking are an integral part of corporate life today. NLP self-management techniques, language patterns and goal setting are vital to effective speaking and peak performance.
NLP shows how, in a way that how 'natural talent’ can be copied, adapted and acted upon to produce almost as good a result. Maybe not their, ‘gifted ways’ yet, unique or even better than your own. This process became known as 'modeling', and is the fundamental skill which underpins all of the NLP tools.
"They are expert communicators and have a real
mastery of the dynamics of change."
mastery of the dynamics of change."
Some of The Things NLP Will Enable You To Do...
· "Fix" phobias, unwanted habits, and unsolvable problems (your own and others)
· Manage your emotional state - turn fear into a friend and blast away negativity or doubt
· Experience your world in a whole new way - notice things you never saw before, experience things you never felt before, detect clues in people's language you never heard before...
· Improve your ability to learn new skills (and discover how to "steal" the skills you want from anyone who excels at anything!
· Use mere words to un-stick problems, put people into a trance and get them to do your bidding
· Learn how to quickly and easily be better at golf, soccer, painting, dancing, running or anything else you currently suck at!
· Discover techniques to download other people's "success software" into your own brain
· Understand how people get motivated and use this to help them learn better, solve their own problems and understand what you're saying
· Learn to tell stories and use metaphors to distract people's conscious mind while you have an intimate conversation with their unconscious
· Learn and master the hypnotic techniques of the world's greatest hypnotist - Milton H Erickson (there's a lot more to this stuff than just the language)
· Be able to get rapport with complete strangers in seconds
· Solve problems , get agreement and gain a reputation as the person to rely on to sort things out
· Become a master of language and influence (know the effects of your communication and get what you want)
· Sort out ANYTHING you want in your life (finally put an end to over-eating, procrastination, anger, road rage - or anything else that might be bugging you!)
· Find more people wanting to agree with (almost) every suggestion you make
· Learn some cool tricks to impress your kids, friends or mates down the pub (you'll even learn how to get yourself drunk without touching a drop!)
· Become more charismatic, cool and confident
· Build a solid relationship with your self - raise your self-esteem, self-worth and accept yourself as perfect in every way
· Learn the secrets of instant happiness (or any other emotion or feeling you want more of)
This program comes with a statutory warning… BEWARE, YOU MAY IMPROVE YOURSELF.
My dream is to make NLP a part of the curriculum in all educational, medical and corporate trainings. I really believe that there is far too much technical training given at all levels without enabling people to be the best themselves.Teaching should be re-labeled as enabling or empowering. This is a fantastic methodology to make counseling more user-friendly as it does not see problems but challenges and enables people to find their own resources.
To me NLP is the DIFFERNCE that MAKES THE DIFFERENCE to anyone.
Dr.Abraham is invited in Universities ,Schools and Corporate offices to conduct workshop on stress management & NLP coaching . His Mind Masters is a centre for research and development of behavior technology engaged in the process of evolving better ways of human communication and wholesome behavioral development in individuals and groups. Dr.says" We have developed a set of training program's addressing the needs of different segments of human society: family, professionals, corporate, educational establishments and sports institutions. MindMasters have been conducting training programs in several business organizations, academic institutions and social groups since 1997.The programs are structured in a modular format and can easily be integrated into a corporate or academic situation. Hundreds of individuals have benefitted by the MindMasters Program's.( http://www.mindmasters.org/)